DropPay API - Shop v.1 - Overview¶
DropPay collects into the DropPay Shop API context all the services that enables a merchant to get paid when selling product or services.
All incomes coming from payments should be achieved by using POS API as long as it offers several features suitably designed for purchase flows where we can have:
- one shot payments
- deferred payments
- recurring payments
- payment with credit booking
Furthermore, the special Cashdesk end-user application is available from Secure DropPay Area to selectively monitor all incoming payments with the chance to refund whenever the circumstances require it.
What's a DropPay Merchant ?
We refer to a DropPay Merchant when a DropPay User is a Business Account Owner who have at least a Brand, and a Store for that Brand available for that Account. When you subscribe for a Business Account, DropPay sets the first Brand and Store by default. The default Brand coincides with the Account Owner Legal Name, and the Store supposed to be at his company address.
In DropPay Brands are actually what they literally mean and they are described by the following properties:
- Name: the brand name ;
- Logo: the URL of a useful logo image;
- Description: the brand descrition or payoff ;
- Business Categories: a list of product categories the Brand is legally authorized to offer and sell ;
A Brand uses a DropPay Business Account as payable account.
If your Application is about to work as POS Device for one or more Stores of a Brand, it must have been Connected to the same Brand's account. See also Connection for further details.
Brands inform payer about your company, Stores inform you where your company has sold a product or a service.
Store can be
- REAL : if they are placed at a real address and located also by longitude and latitude (i.e. a shop or a fixed advertising display);
- VIRTUAL: if they are places anywhere has not a real address (a website, an app, a magazine, a newspaper, and so on)
Customers get to stores to buy merchant's products and services, and merchant enable Point Of Sale devices in the Stores to make their customers pay.
Your Application can either or both works as a POS Device and as POS manager of already available DropPay POS (virtual) Devices.
POS and POS Devices¶
A POS virtual Devices is a component the merchant choose that implements a payment flow for a payment scheme.
POS Device are
- Application - merchant applications consuming DropPay POS API on behalf of a merchant; these devices operates directly over DropPay POS API (Payment Scheme available: DropPay, SEPA SCT);
- Static - a single persistent customer engagement code you can create and manage. Once it's created it can be printed as a QR code or shared as a deeplink. Whenever a DropPay user import it in his DropPay mobile application a payment flow is execute on merchant behalf (Payment Scheme: DropPay);
- Sepa SCT - this device lets a merchant define a regular expression that traps a Sepa Credit Transfer incoming in his Brand's payable Account, considering it as a payment and taking advantage from all the other Shop API features and tools (Payment Scheme: SEPA SCT);
- Checkout - read below!
Get to POS API to get in deep with DropPay virtual PsOS.
The POS Checkout¶
The POS virtual device acknowledged as POS Checkout represents a very special device that is self configured by merchant through the Developer Secure Area and allows a developer not to fully implement the DropPay Security Model but rather building a sort of light integration with a set of APIs strictly limited to the Checkout's services.
Get to POS Checkout for further details.